ENT: An Introduction and Practical Guide
James Russell Tysome, Rahul Kanegaonkar, James Tysome, Rahul Kanegaonkar
ENT: An Introduction and Practical Guide will provide you with an essential introduction to the clinical examination, treatment and surgical procedures covering the ENT conditions most commonly encountered in the emergency setting, ward and outpatient clinic.
- The step-by-step approach allows you to learn all the necessary techniques and procedures at a glance.
- 130 clear line diagrams help to explain the most difficult concepts.
- Tips, techniques and clinical pearls of wisdom from a highly experienced expert author team enable you to develop confidence in your practice.
- Based on a highly successful course endorsed by the Royal College of Surgeons England.
- Suitable as a revision aid for the DOHNS examination.
With its highly practical approach and step-by-step guidance, ENT: An Introduction and Practical Guide will be invaluable for all surgical trainees studying for higher postgraduate examinations in ENT, as well as an essential guide for otorhinolaryngologists, primary care practitioners and specialist ENT nurses in the early years of training.
- Based on a popular Royal College of Surgeons of England-recognized course – “An Introduction to ENT”
- Written by a team of practising otolaryngologists with hands-on training experience
- Fully illustrated with over 100 clear line drawings and photographs throughout
- Of interest to a broad readership, including otolaryngologists and general practitioners in their early years of training and ENT specialist nurses
- Suitable as a revision aid for the DOHNS examination
Table of Contents:
Common ENT pathology
Endoscopic sinus surgery
Bone-anchored hearing aid
Direct- and micro-laryngoscopy
Examination of the postnasal space (PNS)
Submandibular gland excision
Hemi- and total thyroidectomy
Superfi cial parotidectomy
Management of neck lumps
Vertigo and dizziness
James Russell Tysome Ma Phd Frcs (Orl-Hns) is a Specialist Registrar in Otolaryngology at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals, London, UK
Rahul Kanegaonkar Bsc Dlo Frcs (Orl-Hns) is a Consultant in Otolaryngology at Medway Maritime Hospital, Kent, UK